Welcome to National Telework Week 2012! In celebration of Telework Week, an initiative by the Telework Exchange to encourage telecommuting, over the next few days we’re going to be sharing a ton of content so make sure you’re checking back daily and following us on Twitter and Facebook.
To kick off this year’s Telework Week, Citrix polled 100 respondents from its GoTo community of senior managers, middle managers, junior and admin employees, business owners and freelancers to gauge their thoughts on workshifting.
A few key learnings from the summary:
- Work has changed: work is no longer defined as “a place we go from 9-5″ but “a thing we do”
- New mobile work styles have emerged that make work location irrelevant
- Technology that we used to use was designed for the old ways of working
A few key statistics:
- 93% of people would telework if their employer made it an option
- 96% of people think they would be as productive or more productive if allowed to telework
- 64% of respondents would devote time saved by teleworking to health related activities
- 85% of senior managers trust employees to work from a remote location
For more results, check out the full survey results here.
Photo credit: 27147